Sunday, October 19, 2008

TT day...

Today I played Table tennis after a long gap....

The occasion was the sports day of the group of companies in which I am working.

The first time I played TT was when I was studying first year at NTTF... all my batchmates especially malayalees developed a sudden interest. We had TT board and some bats at hostel auditorium and we used to practice almost daily for some time....

After that I touched TT bat after a gap of 4 years when I was working at NTTF, for a very short while only....

Then its today again after a gap of 4 years... But a very disappointing experience. I was not able to do even a warm up before the match. Lack of practice clearly showed up... I was out in first match itself... first set 11-6, second 11-9. Luck was also too bad today.... there where guys who dont even know how to hold the bat, as I got last year's runner up as competitor.....

Later I played for some time after TT board was free... within just half an hour I was able to spin the ball and control its speed and pitching. And I can confidently say that if I get that guy again for a match I can finish him off... But gone is gone..... I will have to wait for another opportunity... may be next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment