Sunday, November 16, 2008

Magical dilemma

"Haree... tumse kuch baat karna hein..."
I had just returned from office and heading to my room when our watch man called from behind.

He is a poor Muslim guy whom every one in the PG despises... even I too know he is an asshole.. but I also know that he cannot help being one.... any one in his position will eventually become one...

I was seeing him for the first time when I was searching for a paying guest (PG) accommodation some where near Banashankari. I had seen an advertisement and contacted a guy who offered me one for Rs 2000 per month in a very good locality. He told me that he will send the watch man to a spot... So I was waiting near the place when this short, shabby guy about 50 years appeared to pick me up.

He talked in crude Urdu, and took me to the place. The place was ok and I agreed to stay there giving some advance. Watchman offered to provide me with dinner for Rs 20 daily and he promised that quantity will be sufficient. I gave him advance for that too...

So I started living there from next day. He lives in a small portion with his family of a wife and a girl. It was a very noisy family, quarreling and making commotions daily. Food was fine at starting, but quality was getting worse by day and finally I left eating from there. He was disappointed because it was an extra income for him..

Then I came to know that he was marrying off the girl after Ramzan, quarrelling was getting frequent and even some times I could hear abusive words flung at each other from their home...
And last month marriage was over. I was also planning to leave the place and move near to the office by a month and I had mentioned it to him....

So yesterday when he called me personally I was wondering what may be the reason. He called me to a secluded place and asked whether I know any Malayalee guy who is good in doing any Mantric deeds....I remembered him saying some time back about malayalee mantrics are the best in business and they can do some real scary stuff with lemon... so I was in a fix and was wondering what to respond... It was about his girl. Seems she is refusing to talk to him and to his wife after marriage. He suspects her father in law has brainwashed her and made her to hate them. He desperately wants to inquire what went wrong and what to do with the help of some "Mantram".

Now how can I help him? I myself don't believe in such stuff, but the paternal feeling that was oozing from his words made me to take him seriously. I tried to calm him down as he was in the verge of tears. There is no use talking sense into him so I felt it better to comfort him and told to give the details of the girl so that I can show it to some astrologer when I go home.

He was even ready to bear the bus fare to my town but I told its not required and I am ready to help him any way possible by me.

I dont really know whether I will do some thing regarding this, but I would like to note it down here just to make myself remember later that it is difficult to know when or from where a distress call comes....

No comments:

Post a Comment