Monday, September 28, 2009

A holy starting for a holiday...


Today is a holiday.It is Vijayadasami, the holy day when Durga killed Asuras and the day Lord Rama assassinated Ravana, the demon king. What better way to start the day other than going to a nearby temple? I am not the religious kind and rarely visits temples. But today as amma was there with me I felt like taking her somewhere out side.

I had been to Ragigudda temple before. Once when I was in PG a good friend had taken me there. I liked the serenity there which you can hardly find in any temple in and around Bangalore.The temple is built on a huge rock. You have to ascend some 20 steps to reach the top. Deity is Anjaneya. There's lot of vegetation around and the Thrimurthi statues they have built there are wonderful.

So we left the home at 7:00 am and reached there by 7:50. It is situated at Jayanagar 9th Block. Temple opens by 8:00 am only. We entered and had darshan. Amma liked the place very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment